Senator De Lima walks out of Senate Hearing
- Oct 3, 2016
- 1 min read
MANILA, PHILIPPINES - On the case of the so-called Davao Death Squad hearing, Senator Leila De Lima walks out after a heated argument with Chairperson, Senator Richard "Dick" Gordon.
According to Senator Gordon, he was "very disappointed" with Senator De Lima with allegedly concealing the fact that Matobato had been filed a kidnapping case in 2000 regarding the abduction of Makdum.
Senator De Lima said that she didn't conceal that fact as it was already stated in the transcript and she might have overlooked it. A heated argument arose between Senator Antonio Trillanes, Senator De Lima and Senator Gordon on why this vital piece of information was not given when she was still the chairperson for the EJK investigations.
As tensions arise, Senator Trillanes uttered that an apology must be given to Senator De Lima coming from Senator Gordon for accusing her of concealing information regarding the case. However, Senator Gordon stood by his ground and said that he will not withdraw his statement on Senator De Lima's alleged concealing of the facts about Matobato's case in the NBI last 2000.
With this argument, Senator De Lima stood up and said that she will just walk out of the hearing. After leaving the hearing, De Lima was asked by the media if she will still be attending the following hearings. According to her "Titignan ko pa. They are all accusing me of concealing evidence"
Nothing follows.





Comments